Is there anything more heartwarming than receiving a gift that someone made for you?
Homemade gifts are my absolute favorite thing to do for holidays, you can’t beat that special touch that only DIY goodies have! In the past I’ve whipped up a bunch of desserts and given them out to friends and neighbors, but this year I decided to step it up a notch. I’ve been using Young Living Essential Oils for the the past 6 months, and they have truly changed my life. So when I thought about what to do for gifts this year, it was a no-brainer!
I love to wrap and dress gifts, to create fun tags and labels with my “faux-ligraphy” and to really just present a beautiful package. That’s one reason why I love to give DIY gifts; you can really get creative with the presentation. Here are the Five Days of Gifts that I featured on my essential oils Instagram page @minty.lace.
1. Sweet Dreams Pillow and Linen Spray: Nothing puts me to sleep like this blend. I have a roller ball with this mixture that I put behind the kids’ ears right before bed, a diffuser blend that we turn on each night, and this glorious spray! I spray our pillows each night before bed and it’s just the most relaxing scent. Bonus for me, I take this when I travel about once a month. I don’t sleep well in hotels at ALL, and this spray helps me immensely.
Recipe: In a 2oz glass bottle, put 7 drops of Lavender oil and 5 drops Cedarwood oil. Add a tsp of either unscented, alcohol-free witch hazel or the rose infused version. Top the rest with distilled water and you’re good to go! Spray sheets nightly for all of the sleepytime vibes.
2. Elle Rollerball Perfume: I’ve always been super obsessed with perfumes (just ask my husband, it’s a little out of control) and I had too much fun creating this blend. I decided to name it Elle and it smells lovely! I tend to gravitate towards floral scents with earthy undertones, and I’m loving the exotic feel that Ylang Ylang gives this scent.
In a 5ml glass rollerball bottle add the following: 5 drops each of Ylang Ylang, Grapefruit, and Orange, and 2 drops of Patchouli. Top the rest off with either fractionated Coconut Oil or Jojoba Oil.
3. Les Fleurs Bath Soak: I’m not one to turn down a nice, hot bath; especially when I get to add a fun spa treatment to it! This bath soak smells like a flower garden and helps to detox the body while soothing aches and pains. Win win!
Recipe: In a bowl mix 2 cups Epsom Salt, 1 cup Pink Himalyan Sea Salt, 10 drops Lavender Oil, 5 drops Joy Oil, and 1/4 cups dried Lavender flowers. Divvy up mixture into 4oz or 8oz glass containers and decorate as you like!
4. Thieves and Purification Foot Soak: Now, I don’t know many people who regularly soak their feet, but I’m here to tell you – it’s so relaxing! I created this recipe for a member of my family who shall remain nameless. They have less than pleasant smelling tootsies, let’s leave it at that! Out of curiosity I did one too and it was such a pampering treat that I decided to give some out this year! Add this to a large container of hot water (not steaming, and only large enough to put both feet in) and soak your aching feet for 5-15 minutes. You’ll feel so relaxed after! Bonus – Thieves is a known immune system supporting blend, and it’s best absorbed through the feet.
Recipe: In a bowl mix 1/2 cup Epsom salt, 1/2 cup Pink Himalayan Sea Salt, and 4 drops each of Thieves and Purification essential oils. Divvy up into small glass jars (I used 2oz jars) and label. Add mixture to hot water and soak feet to ease aches and assist in detoxifying the body.
5. Grapefruit and Mint Sugar Scrub: My favorite bath product is body scrub, hands down! I love the feeling of exfoliating my skin, it helps me feel so clean and refreshed. Not to mention the anti-aging and beautifying benefits that it offers to the skin! I make all kinds of different body scrubs from sugar and coconut oil, but this blend is always my favorite! It’s festive and invigorating, perfect for waking up in the morning shower!
Recipe: In a large bowl, mix the following together: 1 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup solid Coconut Oil, 10 drops Grapefruit Oil, and 5 drops Peppermint Oil. Whip together with a spoon and divvy up into glass jars! This keeps nicely in the shower, and smells heavenly.
I hope you enjoy! I would love to hear what homemade gifts you’re handing out this year, leave me a comment let me know! P.S. 4 more sleeps!!